Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tagging and more

I've talked to a few people about the Tagging class last week. We all agree that there are some interesting things we can do with this technology and that there's more to learn.
I heard from John Van Dalen, Main Reference, earlier today. He said, quoted with permission:
I enjoyed the class a lot and really got some good ideas from it. I can say the same for the DuPage Library New Technology video presentation which I viewed today. Stephen Bell and Aaron Schmidt are truly articulate and inspiring new technology practitioners. I have known about Aaron's blog for a couple of years now and feel he is in the forefront of spreading the word about all these new applications that a new generation of library patrons are embracing. Stephen Bell's Keeping Up Web site is great.

I look forward to the Spring '07 DuPage presentations.


That brings up the DuPage teleconference. If you haven't seen it, you should. The speakers are informed, informative and inspiring. They are also reassuring about how many new activities it makes sense to try and take on, while maintaining all our other duties.

I know John has some ideas of ways we could use Tagging. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home